Well, I did it! I got it crocheted in the time it took to wait in line to pick up Teddy, and while he practiced piano for 30 minutes 🙂 Then we went out and gardened, and I did not get sweat in my eyes, on my glasses (since I decided to not wear my contacts today), or running down my face! Yippee! It works!

If you’re a crocheter, here’s what I did: (gauge isn’t all that important/ aim for abt 1-1/2″ wide)

I used worsted weight cotton yarn and a size F hook; I wanted the fabric to be a little tighter “woven” so it would absorb really well. I used one size smaller hook than what the label called for.

Chain 8, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, and each remaining ch, for a total of 7 hdc. (mine’s between 1-1/2″ and 1-3/4″)

Ch 1, turn, hdc in each stitch across; repeat this row until the headband is as long as you need it.

My head just so happens to be 58 rows around, and then I slip stitched the last row to the foundation chain.

NOTE: I prefer to ch 1, have it not count as a half-double crochet, and then hdc in the very first stitch. But I know a lot of people use ch 2 in place of the 1st hdc, and skip that first stitch. If you are more comfortable doing this/prefer this, by all means use your preferred method. When I do a pattern now that calls for hdc, even if the pattern says the ch 2 method, I do it my way b/c I like it better, and I can’t tell a difference in the finished product.

I used some Bernat Cottontots that I’ve had for YEARS, in a pale yellow color. I like that it’s 100% cotton, so it absorbs really well. I’m sure it’ll wash and wear just fine, but for tonight (until I make more), I took it in the shower with me and washed it with the little bit of shampoo left on my hands after soaping my hair up. Now it’s hanging up drying, so it’ll be ready to go tomorrow 🙂 You could probably use leftover acrylic yarn for this too, but I just don’t think it would absorb as good.

To Do list update: I also got PLAN B executed, and some more of the herbs planted too! (That’s how I know it WORKS!) Tomorrow’s plan is to get more (hopefully all) of the broccoli and butter crunch planted, and onions too, and to get pictures of my re-planted and newly planted lovelies online 🙂